I have got the evaluation board for ADAR1000 and I was trying to generate PA_BIAS using the internal DAC, but not able to do so. I am interfacing the board with the software provided from you. I am following the below table from the datasheet:
I tried all the combinations described above in the GUI to generate some voltage on the pin 23 of connector P9A on the board which corresponds to PA_BIAS1. But I see nothing at all on the multimeter.
On the GUI, these are the steps I followed in order:
1. Connect to the board using ADDR0/1 = 0 (jumpers are left open)
2. Initialized TX on the tab "Tx Control"
3. Wrote some values to off and on registers shown below and enabled BIAS_CTRL
4. Enabled TX_EN under T/R Control tab
5. Checked the multimeter on pin23 of connector P9A, to see nothing.
I also tried with LNA_BIAS_OUT feature but also seeing no output voltage.
Am I missing something here?
Are you still having trouble getting the PA and LNA bias pins to work properly?
Hi, sorry for delayed response. The current on 3.3V supply is 20mA and on the -5V supply its 10mA
And yes, its still not working.
jdobler Can you please help, as I am stuck at the moment.
Sorry, I meant 24 bits. Writes to the DUT should have the first bit Low.
I would probe on P6, as that is connected to the actual DUT:
Pin1 is CSB
Pin3 is SDIO
Pin 5 is SDO
Pin 7 is SCLK
If you don't see any SPI writes on P6 there is probably something wrong with the level translators.
I checked the P6 interface and I see that the SPI signals are passed on to it correctly. Check the snapshots below:
I am writing data 0x0000BD to reset software and enable SPI 4 wire. The yellow probe is SPI_CLK, red is SPI_CSN, and blue is SPI_MOSI.
P6 connector SPI lines:
P2 connector SPI lines:
I think the level shifters are working correctly as seen by the 1.8V p2p on P6 as compared to the 3.3V p2p on P2.
After writing BD, I tried reading the PRODUCT_ID by writing SPI_MOSI with on 0x800400, but I did not see any data on SPI_MISO probe.
Finally the SPI writes worked. I had left the USB cable unconnected, and kept the SDP connected to the board. I didnt know that would create a problem. So now I removed the SDP completely on both ends and now the SPI read/writes worked without issues! I was also able to generate PA_BIAS voltage.
Thanks very much for your support!
Good to hear!