I have got the evaluation board for ADAR1000 and I was trying to generate PA_BIAS using the internal DAC, but not able to do so. I am interfacing the board with the software provided from you. I am following the below table from the datasheet:
I tried all the combinations described above in the GUI to generate some voltage on the pin 23 of connector P9A on the board which corresponds to PA_BIAS1. But I see nothing at all on the multimeter.
On the GUI, these are the steps I followed in order:
1. Connect to the board using ADDR0/1 = 0 (jumpers are left open)
2. Initialized TX on the tab "Tx Control"
3. Wrote some values to off and on registers shown below and enabled BIAS_CTRL
4. Enabled TX_EN under T/R Control tab
5. Checked the multimeter on pin23 of connector P9A, to see nothing.
I also tried with LNA_BIAS_OUT feature but also seeing no output voltage.
Am I missing something here?
I think I see what the problem is: by default the PA and LNA bias settings (among other settings) are being pulled from RAM (Please see the MEMORY ACCESS section in the datasheet). You need to tell the…
Approximately how much current is being drawn on the +3.3V supply (AVDD3) and the -5V supply (AVDD1)?