I choose LT8390 for my new design, below are the Specs:
Input: 18 to 28V (24V typically)
output: 0 to 30V
purpose: Charge the supercapacitor(The supercapacitor will charge from 0V to 30V)
In my opinion, when be charging, the supercapacitor will keep the 14A current constant although the LT8390 will go through a buck-boost mode switch, which from buck mode to boost mode.
Here are some of the things that happened while I was debugging:
1. When the voltage of supercapacitor below 18V : the charging current is 14A constant.
2. When the voltage of supercapacitor is about 18 V: the charging current is suddenly drops to about 4A.
3. When the voltage of supercapacitor is about 24 V: the charging current drops to about 2A.
Here are some questions:
1. If LT8390 is suitable for my purpose(charge the supercapacitor)?
2. Are there any mistake I might make in my design?
3. What should I pay attention to in my design for charging the supercapacitor?