I'm confused a bit by the ITHLOW pin's functionality. I'm trying to operate the chip in buck mode with both DCM and Burst mode operation. Two LTC7871 are also synchonized to provide a 12 phase operation.
- From the block diagram on page 12, (SETCUR + 1.25) would override the ITHLOW pins voltage through the diode. So it seems like the avg current set by SETCUR is the ITHLOW. But in the text, ITHLOW sounds like the peak inductor current. Could you explain ?
- In Table 2, there is a column titled "When Parked" and specifies prebiased turn-on for buck operation of ITHLOW. Could you explain how to interpret this table along with explaining what prebiased turn-on is?
- What is the difference in ITHLOW pin's operation in DCM and Burst mode operation ?
- It is suggested to connect ITHLOW pins of two 7871 together for buck operation. Is that true for both DCM and burst mode operation ?
- Should ITHHIGH pins of two 7871 be connected if chip is operated in buck mode only ?