Is my first time with the LT8609 regulator and i'm really disappointed. I copied exactly the same design of the typical application described on the first page of it Datasheet, and it doesn´t really works as expected.
My VCC is an wall adaptar of 12V @ 2.1A.
The only circuit to which i'm supplying voltage is a Raspberry Pi Zero W. According with the current measurement there is about in average around 150mA and the voltage of the source down until 3.5V restarting the Raspberry. At this point, all is a mess and a scam, because as you can see on the following image the ouput supports supposedly 2A at 5V.
I selected this regulator because i have another projects with the LT3995EM and this have been working perfectly always, but i thought that 3A output would be too much for this project.
So, what i have done:
Finally in order to discard the regulator, i did an adaptation and i connected with wires the LT3995 supply source (as detailed on the image above) to the main board where i have the Raspberry, and everything works fine! Current and voltage stabilization. But THIS IS NOT MY SOLUTION.
So i would like to you help me to solve this trouble with the LT8609, i dont know what else to do.
1. Firstly please make sure the input VCC is a stable 12V when the issue happens.
2. Please make sure all components on you board have correct value, for example C1 is 0.1uF, not 0.1nF.
Below is the demo manual for standard demo board. In page 6 you can find the BOM.
3. Please compare your components voltage & current rating with the BOM, espically the input & output capacitors and inductor.
4. Please double check your soldering has no problem.
5. You may restore RT to 18.2k, otherwise you need to change inductor and output capacitor accordingly.
If it still doesn't work after these 5 steps, you may need to replace a new IC.
hi，my design is the same as above.And i check the property of all the compents again and again. In order to verify the design can output 2A current，i connect the resistance (value 3Ω 100w)。when the input voltage is 5-8.5v，the output voltage is 4.76v ,electric current is 1.3-1.57A. when the input voltage is 8.5 above，the output voltage is 2.86v-3v，the electric current is 0.78A！
I test again and again，this problem existed all the time！What should i do！