We are desing 36v vin to 28.7v 7cell li-ion battery charger with LTC4013. We use one DC load to simulate the batterey to test, but the SW just output 0v. INTVCC =5v, seems no calculation faults with external RC. Can you help to advice
1) Does LTC4013 only work with real battery?
2) Float INFET is OK? We do not need MTTP function, only one pure battery charger.
1. No, you can emulate a battery, but you need a voltage source to emulate a battery properly. See the attached guide for an emulation option.PDF
2. No, you need at least one FET connected to INFET…
Dear Zack, will copy, thank you so much.
2. No, you need at least one FET connected to INFET regardless of MPPT. Keep the FET that has the diode pointing from VIN to VOUT. There's info on this in the datasheet.