To whom may it concern
Hi, I'm HS.
I was looking for one of your DCDC solutions for PoE bt and found quite fascinating chip LT3748 which has no opto-coupler nor 3rd winding.
My design goals are V_IN = 37V ~ 60V, V_OUT=28V, Efficiency is 90% or higher, P_IN=71.3W( for PoE bt)
The datasheet of LT3748 has no reference design about it.
So my questions are..
1. I think LT3748 is really nice for PoE solution beacuse it has no opto-coupler nor 3rd winding but somehow none of your PoE bt Soultions has LT3748 but uses other chips that requires opto-coupler or 3rd winding.
Why didn't you guys use LT3748 or similar chips that requires no opto-coupler nor 3rd winding for PoE bt??
2. Can I use LT3748 for PoE bt solution? Or is there any better DCDC controller chips for PoE bt other than LT4295?
If I can, would you give me reference design for the goal I listed above??
3. Datasheet of LT3748 didn't specify the TR(transformer) for high power(more than 60W) but for kinda relatively low power(around 10~50W).
If you say i can use LT3748 for PoE bt(71.3W), Can I replace TR for high power?
4. I found out that LT3798 also doesn't need opto-coupler nor 3rd winding. What's the difference between LT3748 and LT3798?? Which one would be better for PoE bt if you have to choose?
5. What would be the advantages and disadvantages using flyback or active clamp forward??
Thank you for your hard work and I appreciate your help a lot.
Hope you have a nice day!
[edited by: feelyoursoul at 1:46 AM (GMT 0) on 14 Nov 2019]