Searching for an ideal diode controller.
I have found a number of parts that have some but not all of my requirements and was wondering if anyone has used something in this realm before.
- -10V to 60V common mode tolerance on Anode/Cathode (differential voltage is <2V)
- External power supply to power IC (0-10V) eg. does not just take power from one side of FET
- Drives external FET
- As small of a package as possible
These candidates were close but did not have everything desired
- LTC4359 Tested and cannot separate "IN" from "SOURCE" pin at low voltages and operate correctly
- LTC4364 Also tested and will not operate FET if "SOURCE" pin is <4V
- LTC4357 Tested and cannot turn on FET when "IN" <4V
- There are many more candidates that are seemingly good, but do not have the voltage tolerance that is required.
The nuclear option is to essentially make the circuit myself (comparator + fet driver), however I would not like to reinvent the wheel especially since this solution would have more passives.
Any help much appreciated.