Because I Din the part, and MB has been testing.
The post stage is LTC3789.
We need control LTC4162-F by I2C to monitor or set the charger status.
Do we release the software?
Does it run with LTpowerplay or else?
How can I download it?
Does it need DC590B to run with it?
Please kindly help with this, Thanks a lot !
Software is not yet released. At this time, you will just need to talk to the IC using any I2C talker. You can use DC590 for generic communication (we don't have a protocol specifically for the LTC4162 released) or you can use an Arduino or anything that can talk I2C.
Thanks your reply.
I try a talker and as attach figure.
Read is not a problem.
However, when I try to write in value, it seems already done by I2C.
But read with same value.
If there is something that I didn't notice or else need to be considered?
Or If the IC Type is different ? as I know we use the package LTC4162IUFD-FFS#PBF.
Or Something is locked. Need to be release?
Thank you for your kind assistance !
You cannot write to register 0x2E with this variant. Note that the -FFS variant disables some registers from being written (you could use the -FAD variant if you want to be able to change them).
Thanks for your information.
We successfully write in words by I2C.
We still encounter some issue below,
1. How does LTC4162-F work about the Battery_Missing_Fault ?
I know 2 direction, first is the NTC fault and other is BATSENS+ pull high then over cv time.
Is there any other way may meet fault condition?
Or can it be done by battery id like smart battery charger IC?
2. Why LTC4162-F doesn't charge below 0C?
Is it because of JEITA system standard?
If I can disable the en_jeita register?
3. Can I control battery charge operation by suspend_charger command and active control the back up timing?
Although the body diodes of the power path transistors still provide a conduction path from the battery tothe system load.
4. To enter Low Power Ship Mode,
While, VIN drops below approximately 1V, Does it mean backup is disabled?
How can I wake up the disable mode?
Re-disable the Ship Mode?
1. The BATSENS+ pin sinks/sources current to test if a battery is present. No other way to meet the fault condition. If you have an ID pin that you can use to detect the battery, you could detect this from your own processor and decide what to make the LTC4162 do in that case, but the LTC4162 does not interface directly with any ID pin.
2. Yes, because of the default JEITA. You can change the JEITA temperature thresholds or disable en_jeita, but not with the -FFS variant.
3. Yes, you can stop charging. However, as the default circuit exists, you cannot cut off battery discharge. That needs to be implemented manually if desired.
4. You need to first enable ship mode, then let VIN drop below ~1V. To wake up from ship mode, just apply VIN. Ship mode is latched off when power is applied. If you want to re-enter ship mode, you will need to re-write the bit.