I want to use this circuit for 12Vdc input. I simulate same circuit as Figure 8 in LTSpice. But i have some questions.
1. When i apply reverse voltage, output goes below nearly -6V and after 10msec it goes to 0V as we expected. I use same M1 mosfet in reference design. Does it work for reverse polarity case?
2. Also another problem is applyiny ISO7637-2 Pulse1 test. Input goes to -150V. In this case, Vds of M1 goes to 150V but in reference design you used 100Vds breakdown Mosfet. Does it work for ISO7637-2 Pulse1 case?
3. https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/technical-articles/M139_EN-Surge_Stopper.pdf In your reference design, it complies with ISO7637 and ISO16750 but i see some problems in reversed voltage cases.
4. Could you please send the schematic of this circuit? https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/product-information/ltc4380_iso16750-2_iso7637-2_report.pdf
5. If we dont use thermistor circuit to control ON pin, does it any problem occur during the tests?
I am looking forward to your reply asap.
The circuit provided(figure 8) in the documents is the one used for he ISO certification. The 150V pulse on the test is applied in a very short period of time which results to a lower power applied to M1