I am trying to charge Industry standard smart battery using LTC1960CG DEMO CIRCUIT 1904A, i am successfully able to communicate with battery charger IC but unable to charge the battery.
I have implemented following procedure,
- DC Power supply of 15 - 20V/3.5A is given to DCin of LTC1960CG Demo Circuit 1904A
- Smart battery is connected to Battery 2 connector
- MOSI, MISO, SCK and SSB pins from demo board are connected to MCU
- I2C lines of battery 2 are taken from P1 connector and connected to MCU
- A Rheostat of 1k ohm resistance/150W is connected as load to DCout.
- Configured VDAC register.
- Configured IDAC register.
- Configured Charger write data to charge battery 2
- Configured power path as Dc source
- Periodically configuring charger write data register to avoid watchdog timer expiration
- Reading the status of charger IC
i am unable to charge the battery using this procedure, please let me know whether the configuration which i have done is incorrect and provide a solution to charge battery.