While demonstrating the ADF7xxxMB4z Evaluation Suite GUI tool with two EVAL-ADF7024DB4z systems, there was an 8-10 second lag in response time. What could cause this and how do we resolve?
- On my customer's desktop system, we installed and updated the ADF7xxxMB4z Evaluation Suite GUI tool (v3.3.0).
- We updated the firmware in the ADF7xxxMB4z and EVAL-ADF7024DB4z boards. We have two eval systems so we can transmit with Board 1 and receive with Board 2.
- With the boards set to both operate at 433MHz, we put one board into transmit and one board into receive.
- On my customer's desktop, there is an 8-10 second lag from pressing transmit on Board 1 until a signal is received on Board 2. Initially, we had the boards plug into a USB hub, so we moved the USB cables and plugged both ADF7xxxMB4z and EVAL-ADF7024DB4z boards directly into his computer tower, rather than the USB hub. No improvement on performance.
- We tried to reproduce on my laptop, but my laptop had an immediate response when hitting transmit and seeing a signal at the receiver. And when I hit stop, it stopped transmitting immediately. We cycled back and forth with the transmit, stop, transmit, stop, ... - and it works fine on my computer:
- For clarity sake, my system was also updated to ADF7xxxMB4z Evaluation Suite GUI tool (v3.3.0). Therefore, I believe the customer and I have the same software running on both systems.
- We plugged the hardware back into my customer's computer and saw the same 8-10 second lag with his system.
Can you please help troubleshoot this issue? It will be challenging for him to develop on the ADF7024 under these conditions.
It appears that the issue is more with the computer that your customer is using. I would suggest to update his computer's drivers, and uninstall then install again the MB4z software.