Below is the customer's test environment.
- XILINX ZCU102 EVB ver1.1 (MPSoC)
- Vivado 2018.2
- HDL reference
1. A customer says that ZCU102 EVB ver1.1 and vivado 2018.2 are not compatible. ZCU EVB ver1.0 is said to be compatible. Is it correct?
2. AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ, ZCU102, HDL reference combination, which vivado version should the customer use?
- Customers report that the AXI interface does not work properly when using Vivado 2020.1.
- Customers say that the ZC702 works fine when used in vivado 2018.2 and 2020.1.
3. Is there a schedule for updating the HDL reference for the next version of Vivado 2019.1?
Because I don't know the FPGA, the expressions may not fit.
Please take it into account.
Leo Park said:1. A customer says that ZCU102 EVB ver1.1 and vivado 2018.2 are not compatible. ZCU EVB ver1.0 is said to be compatible. Is it correct?
Yes, since Xilinx hardcoded memory timing in the FSBL…
Yes, since Xilinx hardcoded memory timing in the FSBL. We recommend using 2018.3 and the supported release 2019 R1.
Leo Park said:2. AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ, ZCU102, HDL reference combination, which vivado version should the customer use?
Use an ADI release that supports their carrier board. 2019 R1 support Vivado 2018.3, 2018 R2 supports Vivado 2018.2. We do not support anything beyond 2018.3 yet.
Leo Park said:3. Is there a schedule for updating the HDL reference for the next version of Vivado 2019.1?
Release candidates are being made so likely ~1 month.
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have an additional question for the third question.
This customer is uncomfortable using vivado 2018.3.
So this customer wants to use the version released after vivado 2018.3.(2019.1, 2019.2, 2020.1)
I understood your answer as below.
The latest version of vivado is supported within a month under the test conditions I mentioned.
(The latest vivado versions I talked about are 2019.1, 2019.2, 2020.1.)
(The test conditions I talked about are AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ, ZCU102, HDL reference.)
Is that right?
I look forward to your quick response.
Best regards, Leo
A month has passed since I said last time.
However, there is still no file I want on github.
Can I know the exact release date?
We're still working on fixing bugs for the 2019_r2 release, I will update the estimation in the following days on when we think the release will be ready. If the next release candidate will be stable enough, we'll post it on wiki.
Customers are waiting.
I would be grateful if you provided the exact date.
I'll wait for your reply.
Thanks for the quick reply.