I am having problem when driving my half bridge of N-mosfet using ADuM3220. Hope to have advice from here.
I would like to ask whether:
- Is there any problem with the circuit?
- Is it a must to add a diode between the gate and source of the MOSFET?
- During testing, my output (load + or load -) is clipped at the my gate voltages instead of my bridge voltage, why is this so?
- There are times, my gate driver was damaged with output latch high, is there any way to mitigate it?
- Can I use 1 ADuM3220 to drive half bridge?
Detail of the circuit:
No load is connected yet.
Input driver voltage = 5V
Output driver voltage = 12V
Bridge voltage = 75V
Switching frequency = 50kHz and 400kHz (tried there 2 frequencies)
1A = signal 1
1B = inverted 1A
2A = signal 2
2B = inverted 2A
Previously, I have successfully used a separate opto-couplers and gate drivers to drive the bridge and was hoping that the smaller form factor of ADuM3220 can improve my circuitry.