There are two options available using the ADI 10BASE-T1L portfolio:
- 1x ADIN2111 with port-to-port forwarding
This is a straight forward solution that works with our without a SPI host connected to the ADIN2111.
- reduced BOM count
- Optional 3rd port (host) and port-to-port filtering features using low power SPI host
- 2-pins MDI may not be uitable for explosive environment and intrinsic safe designs
- 2x ADIN1100 back-to-back.
-> using RGMII interface . One PHY can work with 25MHz crystal and provide the clock to the second PHY.
-> using RMII interface. An external 50MHz clock source / oscillator is required.
MII interface is not suitable for back-to-back PHYs configuration as each PHY generates the RX_CLK and TX_CLK signals (collision).
- suitable for intrinsic safe designs
- increased BOM count
- No internal switch/ filtering features between port