Users can choose how to receive notifications - You control your own notifications.
Users can select the kinds of email notifications they want to receive on their Settings > Notifications tab (similar to Live Alerts). For example, if you subscribe to Support forum emails in the forum, the system checks to see where you globally want the forum notification emails to be sent.
You can set notifications for any of your streams and for your Inbox, so that you receive an email notification each time a person, place, or item posts an update or you have Inbox activity.
- Click your Profile Image > Settings > Notifications
Then, you can select Email or Live Alert notifications for each type of activity. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save when you're done.
Telligent Community Server supports the following notifications:
- Email - The system will generate an email to notify the user about activities he's requested notifications for - such as about new blog posts in a blog he/she is subscribed to. Checking the Email check box in the Settings > Notifications tab will enable the email notification.
- Live Alert - Live alerts are small slide-out notifications that alert you to activity you've requested notifications about. In the above example, checking the Live Alert check box in the Settings > Notifications tab will enable the slide-out notification that someone has posted a new blog post in a blog you're subscribed to. The slide-out notification contains live links to the activity.
Activity from subscriptions - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to the blogs, forum threads, galleries, or wikis you're subscribed to, including:
- Blog posts in blogs to which you are subscribed
- Comments on blog posts to which you are subscribed
- Replies to a thread I'm subscribed to
- Creates threads in forums to which you are subscribed
- Comments on media files to which you are subscribed
- New media in galleries of which you are an owner
- Comments on wiki pages to which you are subscribed
- Updates a wiki page to which you are subscribed
Activity from your network - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to you (the member), for example following or mentioning, including:
- Follows me
- Approves my friendship request
- Requests my friendship
- New group invitation
- New group memberships not added by you
- Membership request in groups to which you are an owner
- Mentions my groups
- Mentions me
- Sends me a private message or replies to my private message
Activity related to content you write - These notifications include actions other members take in relation to your content, for example replying to your forum question/discussion or liking your content. The notifications include:
- Achievements awarded to you
- Comments on content that I comment on
- Comments on content I write
- Replies you created awaiting moderation
- Threads you created awaiting moderation
- Replies to a question or discussion I have replied to or suggested an answer to
- Suggests an answer to my question
- Verifies a reply as an answer to my question
- Forums requiring moderation
- Vote updates on ideas you create
- Likes on content I write
- Ratings on content I write
When a notification is unread, a count of unread notifications is displayed in a bubble above the queue ("Notifications") icon, as well as in the browser title bar. Viewing the notification in the queue marks the notification as read and decreases the unread count.