I can install the base release of VisualDSP++ 5.0 without any problems but whenever i try to install an update i encounter a 'Could not find XML file or the XML file might be corrupted!’ message. Why is this?
We believe that the problem you are encountering is due to the update (VDU) file being placed in the same folder which contains the ‘VisualDSP++ 5.0.exe’ (installer from the base release). To install the update please try the following –
1) Place VDU into a clean folder (e.g. c:\clean_dir)
2) Run the "maintain installation" wizard
3) Browse to the VDU in clean folder (from step 1, c:\clean_dir)
4) Proceed with the installation
If you still encounter problems we would recommend that you try the following –
1) Delete all previous installation logs created by the VDSP installations (located in %TEMP% folder on your hard drive)
2) Create a clean folder on your hard drive (e.g. c:\clean_dir)
3) Copy the VDU file to the clean folder from step 2
4) Rename the .vdu file to .exe
5) Right-click on the .exe file from step 4 and select "Winzip->extract to here"
6) Wait for the unzip operation to complete
7) Open the command prompt
8) CD into the folder from step 2
9) Run the following command:
Setup.exe -resume "<install dir>"
Please note that there should be quotes around the install path when you run the command above.
If you are still encountering problems after trying the procedure above please contact us via our private support channel firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include screenshots of all error messages you receive and a copy of your installation log file. If you are working with Windows 2000 or Windows XP then you can find your installation log file here - C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp. If you are working with Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you can find it here - C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp