Which versions of VisualDSP++ run on which 64-bit Windows? What is supported?
ADI introduced Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit versions) support for VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 7 and later. Windows 7 64-bit is the only 64-bit operating system which VisualDSP++ supports. This includes support for:
- RoHS compliant EZ-Kit boards (e.g. ADZS-BF533 EZ-Kit), HPUSB-ICE, ICE-100B and USB-ICE emulator drivers (64-bit drivers for some of these were introduced in Update 5, but were not fully tested and supported until Update 7).
What is not supported?
- Windows XP 64-bit is not supported.
- Windows Vista 64-bit is not supported.
- There is no 64-bit driver for the HPPCI-ICE.
- There is no support for Non-RoHS compliant EZ-Kit boards (e.g. ADDS-BF533 EZ-Kit).
In VisualDSP++ 5.0 Update 8, 64-bit windows drivers for USB bulk transfers was added.
- Detailed information regarding Windows 7 support can be found here:
FAQ: Windows 7 Compatibility in VisualDSP++ Development Tools
- For information on the differences between our RoHS EZ-Kits and Non-RoHS EZ-Kits please see the following FAQ:
FAQ: What is the difference between the ADDS and ADZS part numbers?