How to resolve Installation error “Error registering a file with Windows” for VDSP++ in windows 10 OS
This issue may be related to missing some Microsoft DLL files. The installation somehow assumes that these DLL files are already present. The solution may be to install these Microsoft modules manually.
We would recommend to install the latest security update to VS 2005 SP1 redistributables.
1) Download vcredist_x86.exe from the following website:
2) Run the downloaded executable to install the redistributables
3) When redistributables are installed, please open the command prompt as an administrator, and run the following command:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.1.2\System\SystemBuilder\CodeGenerators\Startup Code Wizard\LDFGen\VDSGCom.dll"
If the issue is still persist, please try the procedure below:
1) Please open the command prompt as an administrator.
2) cd to "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.1.2\System"
3) Run the following command
regsvr32 "<Path to offending DLL>"
4)Run the following command, "Idde.exe /RegServer"
The above command will re-register VisualDSP IDDE. If both commands are successful from the command line, please try running VisualDSP++.