This is a brief description about how to run the MCAPI on FreeRTOS for ADSP-SC5xx boards based current ADI FreeRTOS release(adi-freertos-1.3.1), and the MCAPI demo case will be included in the future official release of CCES and ADI FreeRTOS.
In the attached CCES project below, both CortexA (Core0) and SHARC (Core1) are running FreeRTOS. You can run the demo directly following the below steps.
Please follow below instructions after unzipping the MCAPI_MSG_DEMO_ADSP_SC5xx_CCES.zip to run the MCAPI FreeRTOS demo:
Step 1. Copy the projects to FreeRTOS directory:
Unzip MCAPI_MSG_DEMO_ADSP_SC5xx_CCES.zip and copy folder “MCAPI_MSG_DEMO_ADSP_SC5xx_CCES” to “ $(your FreeRTOS Path)/FreeRTOSv10.0.0/FreeRTOS/Demo/”;
- Step 2. Import & Build the projects
- Import the corresponding projects to CCES according to your target board type(e.g. RTOSDemo_SC589_MCAPI_Msg_Core0& RTOSDemo_SC589_MCAPI_Msg_Core1 for SC589 board);
- Cache configuration page will be shown after importing the project “RTOSDemo_SC589_MCAPI_Msg_Core1” into CCES, all cache should be disabled as below:
- Build the projects for Core0 and Core1
- Setp3. Load & Run the projects:
- Load the generated Binaries to target board and run it as the FreeRTOS add-in user guide;
- Test Logs can be found in the attached CCES project;