I got "Field 'xxx' could not be resolved" Semantic Error

Hello,

My environment is followings.

CCES2.7.0

ADSP-SC584

C-language

I got following error message while project building.

Field 'bFlgRedownload' could not be resolved adi_ss_app_sh0.c /SS_App_Core1/Source line 262 Semantic Error

The code to be errored is as follows.

{

         pAppSharcCore0Info->oFWConfig.bFlgRedownload = true;

}

Simple thinking is that the field can not be found in this structure.

However, the field of this structure exist without any doubt.

There is no error in syntax.

I guess it is a setting or option issue on CCES.

Please tell me know what is missing.

Thanks and Regards,

T.Tanaka

  • Hi

    I assume that your project is building without error.

    The usual cause for the scanner/indexer reporting such an error is that the IDE (Eclipse) has not been provided with enough information to find source files or declarations. If you were to try and navigate to the file containing the structure definition, you can check that your includes are setup for the IDE (ctrl-click on #includes to the file(s) containing your declaration from the file reporting the error) and you can check that there are no macro defines that cause code to be not included / grayed out. This'll be the first the step to see what difference there is between building the source file and the IDE seeing your declarations.

    Alternatively, you're welcome to contact us through our support channel (processor.tools.support@analog.com) along with your project or example project so that we can look closer.

  • Hi,

    We understand that you have already contacted our private support. Please continue the discussion there. We are posting the response here for others to benefit.

    These errors are falsely reported in the problems view and in editor. Can you please confirm that executable and loader file generated successfully after the project builds.

    You can workaround this by Close and reopen the project in IDDE Project Explorer to make the errors go away.
    or
    Unchecking "Field cannot be resolved" checkbox in "Syntax and Semantic Errors" of "Code Analysis", in Preferences -> C/C++.

    Regards,
    Reva