How to switch between SPI 4Byte and 3Byte Addressing Modes. The below procedure tested in ADSP-21593 SOM board & CCES2.11.1
1. Open two instances of CrossCore Embedded Studio (CCES) IDE and each with a different workspace dedicated to the 4Byte and 3Byte addressing-enabled applications.
2. Create a 3Byte addressing-enabled loader file (default LDR file) for one set of LED blinking patterns.
3. Create a 4Byte addressing-enabled loader file with a different LED blinking pattern. The below FAQ can be helpful for creating an LDR
4. Flash the 4Byte addressing-enabled application using the "Download loader file to board" feature in the CCES IDE.
5. After flashing process is completed, change the boot mode to 1 and reset the board. The 4Byte addressing mode application should boot successfully.
6. Again set the boot mode back to 0 and Reset the board.
7. Flash the 3Byte addressing-enabled application using the "Download loader file to board" feature in a different CCES IDE instance.
8. After the flashing process is completed successfully, change the boot mode to 1 and reset the board. The 3Byte addressing-enabled application should boot successfully.