Post Go back to editing

Designated Initializers don't work in C++11 mode

Designated Initializers works in C and C++ mode, but it don't work in C++11 mode.

Why?

"An_absolute_file_path\file_name.cpp", line 149: cc0040: error: expected an identifier

[0 + 0] { (u32)(&zero0), 0x00000000 }, // 000: zero signal

^

"An_absolute_file_path\file_name.cpp", line 149: cc0065: error: expected a ";"

[0 + 0] { (u32)(&zero0), 0x00000000 }, // 000: zero signal

^

Parents
  • -- Ignore the reply below... I see what you're saying, the SHARC documentation is missing the detail regarding C++11. --

Sorry Eugene I don't understand your point. Are you saying that the documentation isn't correct? It does say that you can't use designated initializers for array initialzations in C++ 11 which is correct. It doesn't document why they can't be used, is that what you would like added to the documentation?

Regards,

Stuart. 

• -- Ignore the reply below... I see what you're saying, the SHARC documentation is missing the detail regarding C++11. --

Sorry Eugene I don't understand your point. Are you saying that the documentation isn't correct? It does say that you can't use designated initializers for array initialzations in C++ 11 which is correct. It doesn't document why they can't be used, is that what you would like added to the documentation?

Regards,

Stuart. 

Children
No Data