Post Go back to editing

Disable semihosting in CCES_runner?

Hello,

I originally posted this in the Q&A but got no response. Hopefully I will have better luck here.

Anyway, my question is: Is there a way to turn off semi-hosting for a core like you can in the debug configuration window in CCES?

If semi-hosting is enabled, our firmware becomes unusable which is known and documented issue by Analog Devices when using FreeRTOS.

Thanks!!

Top Replies

• Hi ,

> Is there a way to turn off semi-hosting for a core like you can in the debug configuration window in CCES?

Firstly, I assume that you're referring to the 'Enable semihosting' option on the…

• Hi ,

> Is there a way to turn off semi-hosting for a core like you can in the debug configuration window in CCES?

Firstly, I assume that you're referring to the 'Enable semihosting' option on the Automatic Breakpoint tab for an ADSP-SC5xxx Core 0 (ARM) debug configuration.

CCES Runner does support configuring a preference to disable semi-hosting for the ARM core through the preferences option:

--preferences "Emulator:EnableSemihosting0=b0"

I am double-checking the above facts and investigating the fact that it may be nicer to have a preference name/value similar to --preferences "jtagfrequency=46" as documented on our FAQ page: ez.analog.com/.../faq-using-crosscore-embedded-studio-s-cces-runner-utility

It's not very obvious granted but you're be able to set preferences for many configuration options. You can see those preferences by editing your .launch file found in your .metadata (workspace)/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches directory.