Here is a step-by-step guide to self-booting the EVAL-ADAU1401AEBZ, which is an evaluation board for the ADAU1701, ADAU1702, and ADAU1401A SigmaDSPs.
First, orient the board so that you can read the reference designators (with the analog audio I/O jacks at the top of the board).
Next, load your project in SigmaStudio and make sure both an ADAU1701/ADAU1702/ADAU1401 IC and an E2Prom IC are connected to the USBi.
1. Link-compile-download the project (shortcut F7)
2. Connect the LK7 jumper (WP)
3. Set the SELFBOOT switch to the ON position (to the right), which actually ties SELFBOOT low
4. Right-click the ADAU1701 in SigmaStudio and choose “Write latest compilation to E2PROM”
5. Power off the board by disconnecting the power supply
6. Disconnect the LK7 jumper (WP)
7. Set SELFBOOT to the OFF position (to the left), which actually ties SELFBOOT high
8. Power on the board
9. Self-boot should have worked properly