Hi, Dear ADI Team
I am currently developing using EVAL-ADAU1787Z evaluation board.
I was following the User Guide to make a simple route for testing.
The problem is that when I press Link Compile Download, it gives me the communication failure prompt as attached figure.
- Windows 7 with SigmaStudio 4.6
- Desktop: Dell XPS 8100 USB2.0 ports only.
- USBi can be seen in Device Management list as "Analog Devices USBi (programmed)"
- In Hardware Configuration of SigmaStudio, USBi module turns green when plugged in.
- Yellow and Red lights are on at USBi PCB.
- Checked all jumpers and switches as EVAL-ADAU1787Z default settings on Figure 2 in User Guide.
- Switched USBi IOVDD to 1.8V
- on the EVAL board S7 is on left to be on , and S2 is left to be OFF, S3 is up to be I2C
- MCLK is using 24M ext, as setting J30 to EXT, J33 to OSC, and J32 and J4 Open.
- Followed steps in EVAL-ADAU1787Z User Guide (UG-1532) page 7 to page 8, made simple ADC->DAC route.
- Finally pressing Link Compile Download in SigmaStudio, it gives the Communication failure Error.
I have tried to search around for solution, all the related posts can not solve my issue.
I can see that someone may have a similar issue with a different EVAL board using USB 3.0 port, but I am keeping it on USB2.0.
Things I tried:
- tried to disconnect and re-plug USBi, same issue,
- tried to use different USB ports on a same machine, same issue
- tired to re-install USBi driver and Sigma studio, same issue.
- tried to use SigmaStudio 4.5 and 4.5 beta, same issue
- tried to setup on another win7 machine, same issue
- tried to setup on Windows 10, same issue.