I'm facing an issue that I can't get around : In order to maintain the software on our microcontroler, I would like to be able to get the firmware version of the DSP softwares that are inside the selfboot memory.
I found out that there is an option in Sigma Studio to do that and this wiki explains how to do so :
I managed to read back the version of one of the 2 DSPs we have on our product, but the second one gives me weird data...
I read the last 4 bytes of DM1, as mentionned in the wiki :
- DSP1 (ADAU1452) 0xAFFF returns the good version number when read
- DSP2 (ADAU1451) 0x9FFF returns wrong data.
Is there something I'm missing ?
Thanks for the help,
In the last revision I had corrected the Length of memory to be 8192 from the original datasheet revision which incorrectly stated 16384. I recall changing the Range in the table to agree…
Additionnaly, there is something odd about this part of the datasheet...
If I am not mistaken, there is something wrong with the address range for the ADAU1451 :
- 0x0000 to 0x3FFF are 16384 words, not 8192
- Same goes for 0x6000 to 0x9FFF right ?
For ADAU1452, it seems to be ok as 0x6000 to 0xAFFF are actually 20480 words.
Ok, I think I found out why it wasn't working.
My first project was based on 2 ADAU1452 so the Sigma Schematic was on ADAU1452s for both and we didn't change to ADAU1451 when we changed the Hardware.
But my previous observation still stands, the datasheet seems to be wrong :
When I read at 0x7FFF, I get the version number, not at 0x9FFF as it is written in Table 66.
In the last revision I had corrected the Length of memory to be 8192 from the original datasheet revision which incorrectly stated 16384. I recall changing the Range in the table to agree with the actual length but obviously I did not do that so I only did half the correction.
I will be updating the document again in a few months so I will include this in the new revision. Sorry for the confusion.