I am updating some designs and replacing a codec with an ADAU1701 and I am having a bit of an issue getting the audio Data in. I have used the ADAU1452 in some of our other projects and am familiar with the codec interface in Linux and believe at this point i have made the required modifications for this to work but still no luck. Currently i have a good bitclock and lrclock and the linux audio interface is happy on the logic analizer i get a 48khz bclk 12.288 bclk and there appears to be data coming out of the Linux processor. After reading the manual i determined that i needed to connect LRCLK and BCLK in with LRCLK and BCLK out so that the ADAU1701 can act as master. While i have done this with a white-wire and configured the gpio as shown in the screen shots i still get no audio input to the ADAU1701. Also just as a side note i have placed a signal generator in the dsp as a replacement for the input and i got the signal on my output so this is how i determined that there is an issue with input. The MCLK is being driven by a 12.288 oscillator as well so just as a side note and pll is set to 256xfs. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am sure there is something minor i have missed.
Gee, I cannot see what you are doing wrong either. Sometimes it is an issue where the BCLK and LRCLK are not derived from the master clock but in this situation you are using the 1701 as the clock source! Try to place a meter on each of the 8 inputs to see if the signal is just not where you are expecting it to be.
You can also attach your project to the post and I can see if I can replicate it here in the lab.
You have to Zip the project file to be able to upload it into the post.
So i removed the linux processor and set the device up for loopback mp0-mp6 and have a 500hz signal on DIG0 and level detector on TDM slot 0 and i am seeing no input. I see lrclk, bclk, and data out and all are correct for tdm but no input. lrclk is connected from mp4 to mp10 and bclk is connected from mp5 to mp11.
Here is the file. I too am trying to figure out what i did wrong but i just cant see it. i know what I messed up in the first place and i have checked the signals on the scope and they look to be on the right pins. i even did a version of this where i soldered pin to pin on the ic so i was eliminating the copper on the board. I am also including updated schematic. The 33ohm resistors are not in the circuit right now btw.
I just noticed i left the bclk at 1/16 but it should be at 1/4 which changes nothing.
That is exactly what I was going to ask you to do.
I have your program and have a bench eval board in front of me to see if I can replicate this.
BTW, I don't like the 100k resistors on the PLL_MODE pins. Usually we tie them directly to power or ground. However, it does not seem like this is a PLL issue so this should not be a cause of this issue. But, I wanted to point it out.
Get back to you soon.