I need to generate a DC control voltage from this board. All of the analog outputs are AC coupled through a 10uF cap. Can I jumper-out those caps to get the DC I need? The DC will feed an op-amp circuit, so it will be lightly loaded.

  • Hello Brain,

    Yes you can but it is not referenced to 0V. If you look you will see that the op-amps are referenced to the common mode voltage of the codec. The DAC outputs do not sit at ground and go positive and negative, instead, they sit at a common mode voltage that is ~50% of the AVDD voltage and this it goes positive and negative from there. So you will have to compensate for this. This can be done with the DSP going from a negative number and up from there. It is all 2's compliment.

    Dave T

Reply Children
No Data