My application code works fine while running from emulator, but fails when booted from the flash. How do I debug it?
1. Ensure that the TRST# signal is connected to GND during booting.
2. Make sure that the PLL is configured correctly. The default boot kernel may have the PLL configuration as per the EZ-KIT Lite board. This needs to be changed if your application uses a different CLKIN.
3. Make sure that the external port registers are initialized properly. When running the code from emulator, these registers will be initialized by the VDSP++ tools using .xml file. During booting the boot kernel should initialize the external port registers as per the target board used.
4. For more debugging tips please refer to the application note(EE-305) in the below link:
This FAQ was generated from the following thread: How do I debug my application which is not booting properly
1) Boot Configuration Select pins (BOOT_CFG2–0) select the boot mode for the processor. The BOOT_CFG pins must be valid before RESET (hardware and software) is de-asserted.
2) Verify the Power-Up Sequencing timing diagram which is mentioned in the datasheet. Make sure that the processor is properly coming out of RESET.
3) Check the CLKCFG signals and ensure that the PLL is not overdriven. Ensure that the ratio selected in combination with the CLKIN frequency does not exceed the core clock to a value greater than specified.