I am trying to port some speech processing algorithms on ADSP-21489, have below questions. Using ADSP-21489 EZ-Board for testing purpose.
- Does ADSP-21489 has data cache? when I tried to read/write from external memory, it takes 30 odd cycles whereas the read/write from internal memory takes 1 cycle. Since our algorithm data requirements will not fit within the internal memory, Is there data cache available to improve the external memory access efficiency, from documentation i understand only Instruction cache is available. Please give some insight about this topic.
- From documentation I see that there are library functions for FFT, biquad etc in filter.h. But all these functions work on float data type. Since our algorithm is already written with fixed point code, are there any fixed point variants of the above functions?
- Observed that there are no instructions to do arithmetic left shift with saturation, Is my understanding correct? OR is there any way to get the saturation enabled with left shift.
- Observed that shift operations on multiplier registers MRF/MRB is not supported, Is my understanding correct? OR is there any way to get the shift operations on multiplier registers MRF/MRB.
- Does FFT accelerators enabled by default and using of such accelerators will have any impact on overall power consumption of the chip.?
Sorry of lot of questions.!!!
Thank you in advance.