I am trying to boot my BF512 via UART with some variables of the program placed in external sdram.
When I have no variables places in sdram the boot process succeed, but if there are variables places in sdram, the booting fails.
The program works fine when running with emulation.
I also tried to add an initialization file/program that is loaded before and initialize the sdram, but that didn't help.
How can I solve this problem, ie what should I do in order to allow variables initialized to external sdram in the booting process?
there are several things that can run wrong here...
1. What is your boot source (UART Master Device)?
2. Is the boot source evaluating the HWAIT signal?
3. Is your hardware custom made? I assume yes as you use ADSP-BF512
4. Have you modified the init_code example, which is designed for the ADSP-BF518F Evaluation Board, to meet your hardware environment?
5. Which features are you using? Is it SDRAM initialization only or are you changing the PLL as well?
Please answer all these questions and carefully read the HRM -> System Reset and Booting -> UART Slave Mode Boot