I have built a board using an ADSP-BF514F16, and I'm unable to connect from VisualDSP++ 5.1.2 using an HPUSB-ICE JTAG emulator. The error message is 0x80044005, and "Unable to halt processor" appears in gray text in the console window . [Note: Since no other flavors of BF514 appear in the list, I used "BF514" as the processor type when creating the session. Please let me know if this is correct.]
Here are the things I have checked and/or tried so far.
1. Confirmed that the same VisualDSP++ 5.1.2 and HPUSB-ICE are able to connect to another of our projects using a BF504F. That works.
2. Ran the test in the Configurator tool. This worked fine, with one JTAG device detected.
3. Tried using an ICE-1000 instead of the HPUSB-ICE. No change.
4. Confirmed that all power supplies are correct:
VDDOTP and VPPOTP 2.5v
5. Boot mode is set for 010 (boot from internal SPI flash), but tried boot mode 000 (idle), to no avail.
6. Tried forcing the EMU pin low - didn't help.
7. Confirmed that the processor is not in reset (reset line at 3.3v), and that the CLKIN pin is receiving clocks (12.288 MHz, approx. 1.8v p-p).
I've scoured the data sheets and the schematic for the evaluation board, and haven't been able to find anything out of place. Can anyone offer suggestions?
Apologies for our delayed response.
We understand that you have already contacted our private support.Please continue the discussion there. We will post the final response here for others to benefit
We understand that you have already contacted our private support. Please continue the discussion there. We are posting the response here for others to benefit :
As for the (cannot to halt processor) error message, we have seen cases where these errors, along with target connection errors, occur if the processor is booting corrupt or bad code.
Please refer the below FAQ which may help you:FAQ: What is the cause of the Target Connection Error 0x80004005 or 0x80044005?https://ez.analog.com/docs/DOC-1018
To assist you further please send us a description on how the emulators behave
1 Does the emulator is detected by PC ? Check whether the emulator listed under 'ADI Development tools'. If listed, double-click on the emulator to show the driver properties and ensure there are no issues listed. If there, please share the screenshot of the device manager.
2 When trying to connect to your session, do you receive any error messages? If so, please send in details of these errors and if possible screenshots of them.
3 Can you please check with any another PC with the same setup and let us know how you get on.
Have you used this emulator on a custom board or an EZ-KIT board? If you're using a custom board can you please confirm that it complies with the JTAG Technical Reference Guide EE-68, which is available online at the following location: http://www.analog.com/ee68
Please read through our Emulator Troubleshooting Guide (EE-175) and let us know the results of the troubleshooting steps it advises,. EE-175 can be found at: http://www.analog.com/ee175