What are the salient features of SPI Host Port on BF70x?
The host port facilitates a host device external to the processor to be a SPI master and transfer data back and forth. The host device always masters the transactions and the Blackfin processor is always a slave device.
It supports the following:
1. Direct read and write of memory and memory mapped registers.
2. Support for SPI controllers that implement hardware based SPI memory protocol.
3. Support for hardware and software flow control.
4. Support for a variety of opcodes as applicable to flash devices.
5. Write Stride opcode support to write to non-contiguous addresses