I am a microwave engineer. I have very little experience with micro controllers and micro processors.
I am responsible for a radar design. I have selected the Analog Devices 24 GHz Radar chip-set because I trust Analog Devices and I have been working with its products for more than twenty years.
I have selected your ADSP-BF706 for DSP and MCU functions.
Now I am designing the schematic diagram of the radar.
One of the most important devices that should be connected to the DSP is the ADAR7251 four channel ADC.
The attached file includes the following:
1. A typical connection diagram of the ADAR7251 with the DSP.
2. A proposed signal description table that I have constructed, showing for each signal :
a. signal name
d. pin number in the ADAR7251
e. pin name and number in the ADSP=BF706
I have two problems:
1. How to assign appropriate pin names and numbers for the four signals marked with red "?" in the table?
2. How to solve the problem arising from the pin PA_14 being assigned both to ADC_DOUT0 and SPI_SS* at the same time? Does this mean to connect them together, which is unlogic?
Thank you for your help.
Dr. Aladdin Assisi
2. The same peripheral, namely the ADF4159 has a Load Enable input (LE). When it is LOW it enable WRITING DATA into the ADF4159. While it is HIGH it enables READING DATA from the ADF4159.
Can you help me to assign a cetrain pin of the ADSP-BF706 from which we can take such a READ/WRITE enable?