Post Go back to editing

Wrong information in Hardware Reference

Hi,

I've found an wrong information in the Hardware Reference Manual of the BF609.

On Page 21-32 section "Mailbox Direction 1 Register" the text says "...set the bit (=1) for transmit mode from the mailbox..."

Actually the bit has to set to "0" that the mailbox operates in transmit mode.

Thomas

• Hi Thomas,

Your understanding is correct. The meaning of bit is reversed. We are aware of this mistake. Hopefully it will be corrected in next revision of manual.

Thanks,

Prashant

• Ok, thanks!

But maybe I've found a second issue. Where can I find some information about the register where to write the CAN-Message ID?

• The 11-bit BaseID should be set in CAN_MBxx_ID1[12:2] field.

The 18-bit Extended ID should be specied in CAN_MBxx_ID1[1:0] and CAN_MBxx_ID0[15:0] fields. The upper 2-bits in ID1 register and remaining 16-bits in ID0 register.

This is same settings as in previous Blackfin processor's CAN module.

• Thanks! I already thought so. I was just wondering about the text in the manual (page 21-82:

"Mailbox ID 1 Register

The CAN_MBnn_ID1 register and CAN_MBnn_ID0 register manage acceptance mask operations. For      information about acceptance mask operation, see the Receive Operation section."

• That text is also incorrect, and we will make sure it also gets addressed in the next revision of the manual.  The supporting text for the ID0/1 register pair should be describing that these registers define the function of the mailbox, whether it is a specific message ID or a group of message IDs.