What enhancements have been done in ADSP-2156x FIR/IIR accelerators?
The following are the enhancements made in ADSP-2156x FIR/IIR accelerators:
- The operating frequency is increased to 1 GHz (=CCLK) as compared to 125/112.5 MHz (=SCLK) on ADSP_2157x.
- The Data and MMR latency is reduced with closer integration of SHARC Core and Accelerators.
- Additional Mode known as Auto Configuration mode is supported along with legacy mode.
- It allows FIRCTL1 register to be loaded from TCB
- No Channel Number limitation
- Halt feature which allows for smart task queuing
- Trigger generation(Master) and trigger wait(slave) to allow event sequencing.