2008-05-28 11:24:47     Uboot 1.1.6 configured for less than 64M RAM not running on BF561-EZKit

Document created by Aaronwu Employee on Sep 18, 2013
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

2008-05-28 11:24:47     Uboot 1.1.6 configured for less than 64M RAM not running on BF561-EZKit

Marco Rohleder (GERMANY)

Message: 56355   

 

Hallo !

 

I'm using the Uboot for an customized board with BF561 and only 32MB RAM.

 

I tried to change the configuration and tested it on an BF561 EZKit which has 64MB of RAM.

 

I downloaded the latest snapshot from svn server.

 

In bf561-ezkit.h i changed CONFIG_MEM_SIZE from 64 to 32.

 

Now the uboot is no longer booting, no output on the serial.

 

When i for example try 63 instead of 64 it is working.

 

I saw that the configuration for sdram settings was heavily modified.

 

The 64M SDRAM is still on the board, i just wanted that uboot is just taking 32M of it.

 

Why doesnt that work, but with 63 or 62 MB does ?

 

Could someone help me please ??

 

Kind regards

 

Marco

QuoteReplyEditDelete

 

 

2008-05-28 14:50:17     Re: Uboot 1.1.6 configured for less than 64M RAM not running on BF561-EZKit

Mike Frysinger (UNITED STATES)

Message: 56366   

 

unfortunately, i cant confirm ... it works fine for me ...

 

after only changing CONFIG_MEM_SIZE from 64 to 32, i get:

 

U-Boot 1.1.6-svn1225 (ADI-2008R2-pre) (May 28 2008 - 14:46:49)

 

CPU:   ADSP bf561-0.3 (Detected Rev: 0.3)

Board: ADI BF561 EZ-Kit Lite board

       Support: http://blackfin.uclinux.org/

Clock: VCO: 600 MHz, Core: 600 MHz, System: 100 MHz

RAM:   32 MB

Flash:  8 MB

In:    serial

Out:   serial

Err:   serial

Net:   SMC91111 at 0x2C010300

MAC:   00:E0:22:FE:B0:FC

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

 

make sure you do `make clean` after editing the config file

QuoteReplyEditDelete

 

 

2008-06-06 10:25:02     Re: Uboot 1.1.6 configured for less than 64M RAM not running on BF561-EZKit

Marco Rohleder (GERMANY)

Message: 56815   

 

Thank you very much !

 

The make clean was missing.

 

Now it's working perfect :-)

Attachments

    Outcomes