2009-06-02 16:39:16     ifconfig build and runtime issues on cm-bf537e.

Document created by Aaronwu Employee on Aug 15, 2013
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

2009-06-02 16:39:16     ifconfig build and runtime issues on cm-bf537e.

Tim Shearer (UNITED STATES)

Message: 75038   

 

Hi,

 

I'm porting  a project from an older 2009R1 pre release (about a month old) to the current one in trunk.  I've hit a couple of stumbling blocks.  I'm using the current toolchain (checked out today)

 

Firstly, the 'Net-tools' version of ifconfig won't compile.  I know it's been suggested that the busybox version of ifconfig should be used instead, but I'd prefer to keep this one in for legacy reasons.  This error was also a bug back in 2007:

 

interface.c:666: error: ‘ARPHRD_CSLIP’ undeclared (first use in this function)

 

 

Bug tracker: http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=2619

 

 

 

Moving on, I removed all net-tools utilities, and enabled them in busybox instead.  It compiles, but doesn't work:

 

root:/> ifconfig eth0 10.1.70.221

bfin_mac: kmalloc failed

ifconfig: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot allocate memory

 

 

 

Note that I'm using the default vendor config for this device.  I have over 20MB of free memory.

 

Many thanks in advance,

 

Tim

 

QuoteReplyEditDelete

 

 

2009-06-02 16:58:48     Re: ifconfig build and runtime issues on cm-bf537e.

Mike Frysinger (UNITED STATES)

Message: 75041   

 

kmalloc failing isnt related to ifconfig in any way.  dont use the net-tools versions, use the stuff in busybox.

 

perhaps you dont have enough space in L1 ?  review /proc/sram or change the driver in the men uconfiguration to use external memory.

 

or you're out of DMA memory in which case you need to increase it in the menu configuration under the Blackfin options.

QuoteReplyEditDelete

 

 

2009-06-02 17:20:56     Re: ifconfig build and runtime issues on cm-bf537e.

Tim Shearer (UNITED STATES)

Message: 75042   

 

Hmm, I initially only checked the RAM usage from top.  A quick look at /proc/sram reveals that L1 hasn't been allocated at all:

 

--- SRAM Scratchpad Size PID State

--- SRAM L1 Data A Size PID State

--- SRAM L1 Data B Size PID State

--- SRAM L1 Instruction Size PID State

 

I'll look into it and let you know what I find.

 

Thanks for the quick response,

 

Tim

Attachments

    Outcomes