Advantiv™ EDID Editor
These programs allow visualization and modification to EDID data blocks. Latest release includes HDMI 2.1 and CTA-861-G specifications
This tool is provided AS-IS.
If bugs are found or potential improvements noted please post a comment so I can improve/fix the program and upgrade it.
version 0p41 -- legacy editor, replaced by version 0p97
version 0p97 -- active editor
version 1p00 -- new editor still in beta until it gets further testing under it's belt
- 0.15 - April 16, 2012
- Original release
- 0.20 - May 11, 2012
- CEA Speaker Allocation was not being saved correctly. Fixed
- Expanded Vendor Specific, Video Capability and Colorimetry Data Block information and configuration display
- Improved parameter entry.
- 0.25 - June 28, 2012
- Fixed data output error
- Added direct EDID memory reads/writes via AVESServer and Aardvark USBI2C adapter
- 0.30 - August 7, 2012
- Fixed irritating bug.
- 0.31 - September 5, 2012
- Bug fix
- 0.32 - October 16, 2012
- Bug fixes, typo and display issue
- 0.33 - November 13, 2012
- Bug fixes
- 0.34 - November 13, 2012
- Fixed script saving problem
- 0.35,36,37 - November 20
- fixed XP crash issue and problem with VSDB
- 0.40 - May 7, 2013
- fixed VESA Color Characteristics saved values, previous values were not wrong, just fixed interpretation
- fixed decimal point globalization problem on checks and saves. (good for US and Europe standards now)
- 0.41 - June 12, 2013
- fixed error associated with saving the data block monitor name, it added extra an 'linefeed', instead of a 'space'
- Added splash screen, no effect on functionality, just click on it to go through it faster
- 0.90 - February 7, 2015
- Initial beta release
- 0.91 - February 20, 2015
- Added Astro Design format import and export feature.
- 0.93 - April 30, 2015
- Several bug fixes
- 0.95 - February 21, 2017
- Fixed HDMI_HF MAX TMDS Character Rate issue
- Added text import and export
- Added HDR static metadata extended block
- 0.96 - February 27, 2017
- Fixed DTD VESA DTD block, saving incorrect HBlank value under certain conditions
- HTML and Text reports are not fully functional, add HDR and fix bugs
- 0.97 - May 12, 2017
- Fixed save issue in CEA Extended module, would not save correctly
- 1.00 - Feb 27, 2018
- New version of EDID editor
- Improved GUI, better data visibility
- Integrates HDMI 2.1 and CTA-861-G specifications
- New version of EDID editor
- 1.01 - April 3, 2018
- Reserved VIC's are now marked as reserved and should not crash the program
- Added External editor access. Any file opened in EEditGold will be monitored for changes. EEditGold now has preferences options to control when monitoring is active and which editor to use. This is still undergoing test. It can be disabled in preferences.
- Clean up of crash reporting, no longer shows which OS is being used.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- 1.01.0073 - May 16, 2018
- Fixed VESA Standard Timing screen
- Potential fix for startup issue.