Advantiv™ EDID Editor Z version 0.91 beta
This program is released in beta a version designed to coexist with EEdit 0.41 and eventually replace version 0.41. Added features are:
- Handles block types, VESA, CEA, Video Timing Block (VTB), Display Information (DI), Digital Packet Video Link (DVPL) and Custom
- Handles VESA versions 1.3 & 1.4
- Handles CEA multiple short video descriptor blocks
- Handles all CEA extended tag block types
- Includes all VICs CEA-861-E, F, F extended
- Import types: binary, Quantum Data XMLs
- Export types: Binary, Quantum Data XMLs, code structure for direct program inclusion
- Reports: HTML and text formats
Please download it, try it and break it. Let me know of issues or features that need to be addressed
Advantiv™ EDID Editor version 0.41
This program was designed to be an integral part of AVES software however it is a full stand-alone EDID editor able to read, create and write the standard VESA block along with multiple CEA blocks. It is compliant with CEA861E, EEDIDrAr1 and HDMI specification 1.4b.
Run the included .msi file to install the program. I recommend using the default location if AVES is intended to be loaded later. The installer will add a shortcut to the desktop and insert a short cut to Program -> Analog Devices -> AVES
This program requires .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. The installer will attempt to install it however if that fails then the Profile can be found at:
This tool is provided AS-IS.
If bugs are found or potential improvements noted please post a comment so I can improve/fix the program and upgrade it for future users.
- 0.15 - April 16, 2012
- Original release
- 0.20 - May 11, 2012
- CEA Speaker Allocation was not being saved correctly. Fixed
- Expanded Vendor Specific, Video Capability and Colorimetry Data Block information and configuration display
- Improved parameter entry.
- 0.25 - June 28, 2012
- Fixed data output error
- Added direct EDID memory reads/writes via AVESServer and Aardvark USBI2C adapter
- 0.30 - August 7, 2012
- Fixed irritating bug.
- 0.31 - September 5, 2012
- Bug fix
- 0.32 - October 16, 2012
- Bug fixes, typo and display issue
- 0.33 - November 13, 2012
- Bug fixes
- 0.34 - November 13, 2012
- Fixed script saving problem
- 0.35,36,37 - November 20
- fixed XP crash issue and problem with VSDB
- 0.40 - May 7, 2013
- fixed VESA Color Characteristics saved values, previous values were not wrong, just fixed interpretation
- fixed decimal point globalization problem on checks and saves. (good for US and Europe standards now)
- 0.41 - June 12, 2013
- fixed error associated with saving the data block monitor name, it added extra an 'linefeed', instead of a 'space'
- Added splash screen, no effect on functionality, just click on it to go through it faster
- 0.90 - February 7, 2015
- Initial beta release
- 0.91 - February 20, 2015
- Added Astro Design format import and export feature.
- 0.93 - April 30, 2015
- Several bug fixes