For new revisions of the ADSP-SC589 EZ-KIT (BOM Revision 2.0 and later), an alternative Ethernet PHY part has been added to the board.
This part is incompatible with the pre-built images and sources shipped in the Linux Add-In version 1.2.0 and earlier.
To identify the BOM revision of your ASP-SC589 EZ-KIT examine the underside of the board and located the square white sticker located next to the board print BOM Rev. If you board is of revision 2.0 or greater it will not boot using the pre-built binaries provided for the ADSP-SC589 EZ-KIT in the Linux Add-In versions 1.2.0 and earlier.
Attached to this message are two patch files (one for u-Boot and one for the Linux kernel) which will allow Linux to operate correctly on newer revision boards.
To apply the patches to the 1.2.0 sources and build the images:
- Create a temporary work directory and cd into it.
- Download the two patch zip file attached to this message into the temporary work directory
- tar -xf /opt/analog/cces-linux-add-in/1.2.0/uboot-sc5xx-1.2.0/src/uboot-sc5xx-1.2.0.tar.gz
- tar -xf /opt/analog/cces-linux-add-in/1.2.0/buildroot-sc5xx-1.2.0/src/buildroot-sc5xx-1.2.0.tar.gz
- unzip ethernet-sc589-ezkit-2.0-release-1.2.0-kernel.patch.zip
- unzip ethernet-sc589-ezkit-2.0-release-1.2.0-u-boot.patch.zip
- cd uboot
- patch -p1 < ../ethernet-sc589-ezkit-2.0-release-1.2.0-u-boot.patch
- cd ../buildroot/linux/linux-kernel
- patch -p1 < ../../../ethernet-sc589-ezkit-2.0-release-1.2.0-kernel.patch
- Follow the instruction in the Linux Add-In User Guide to re-build and install uBoot and the Linux kernel/filesystem