QWe had bought HMC1087F10. For performance analysis of transistor, we request
you to send us large signal model of the transistor. İf not, please send us
Altium PCB drawings of application circuit in datasheet of HMC1087F10.
Also we are at the beginning of a new project that have into a power amplifier
(PA). To make a decision which brand of the transistor we will use in end
design, we have designed the prototypes in simulation program such as AWR, ADS.
The reasons of requesting the large signal models are -
- We want to make designs independent of the application circuit in datasheet
of the transistor.
- The small signal model accounts for the behavior which is linear around an
operating point. But in large signal model, the behavior becomes nonlinear.
Therefore, for reality of the design, I think large signal model can be useful
to describe the harmonic power level, output power characteristics according to
frequency or input power.
AWe currently do not have AWR/ADS model for HMC1087F10. For quick signal chain
analysis we provide ADIsimRF , downloadable from
The part can be found under GaN PA.
What we have are the following-
1. Gerber Files for the HMC1087F10 EVB
2. Pin versus Pout sweep data for HMC1087F10 that gives quite good idea of the
large scale signal parameters.
3. S-Parameters (currently not on the website)
For enabling our customers to perform system level simulations, we are working
on this requirement. There will be ADS models in the future but the schedule is
not finalized yet.