If you see message like “Searching for USB device” for a long time (say over 5 minutes), it could be a problem with the USB connection from the BLIP board to the PC. To solve this, please verify that the USB ports and the USB cables that you are using for connection are not the problem.
Also, usually the USB drivers will be installed automatically but if for some reason it fails, install the USB driver manually.To do this -
- Navigate to Device Manager and click on Update Driver Tab for the BF707 Bulk USB Device.
- Click on Browse my Computer for driver Software.
- In the next window asking for the location of the drivers, enter the path to the drivers as – “<Software modules path>\ADVisionSensorController-PI- Relx.x.x\Setup”. This will install the USB drivers.
- Please click on Install if Windows Security asks you to confirm the installation.
- The following window will be displayed once this step is completed.
- Successful installation of the USB driver can be seen using Control Panel -> System ->Device Manager under ‘ADI Development Tools’.
The driver will be visible so long as the the dxe is running and the USB port is connected. Note that the manual driver installation has to be only done the first time. Thereafter the driver will be automatically installed every time the device is connected.
This FAQ was generated from the following discussion: USB Connection failure on ADVisionSensor Controller?