It is easy to get the symbol and footprint for any of the ADE ICs, compatible with a large set of CAD tools, by following the below procedure:
2. Download and Install "Ultra Librarian Reader". There is a 'free version' option available, during installation. A snapshot of the main window of the software is provided below:
3. On the same ADI webpage referred above, you can search for an ADE IC, by using the 'Symbol Search' option (bottom of the webpage). If you are using ADE7878, just type 'ADE7878' in the search box.You can download the .bxl symbols file from the list of product models displayed as a result of the search.
4. Click 'Load data' button of the Ultra Librarian software window and provide the location of the .bxl file that you downloaded.
5. Once the file is loaded, choose a CAD tool that you will be using. Select one or more tools from the options listed on the window.
6. Click 'Export to Selected Tools' button. A text file pops up showing the location of the footprint/source file generated. By default, it should be in this location: C:\UltraLibrarian\Library\Exported.
7. Along with the source file, there will also be a text file in the same location which contains instructions on how to import the file to your CAD tool.