Using @mention, you can alert people, places, and groups that you're talking about them or need their help.
When you create or comment on content in your community, you have the ability to mention a person, place, document, or other piece of content. This is a way to give a shout out to someone or something to catch their attention.
You might say, "Thank you for your response @John_Doe, I have another question please." or "@Jane_Doe your solution worked for me up until step number 6, can you help?" This notifies any person mentioned after the @ that you are talking about him or her.
- Members of groups you mention will see an @mention in Followed Activity.
- When someone is @mentioned in a piece of content, a status update, or elsewhere, a notification of the activity flows into their Inbox.
- In Jive, @mentioning doubles as a link picker in content or in status updates.
- For example, you can add links to a document or group by typing some of the words in the title after typing @. You can even use both formats in the same status update, for example to say "@John_Doe and @Jane_Doe, please check out my question @Why is the Submit form not working today?
- Type the "@" symbol (or click the "@" icon if it is available). A search dialog opens and suggests possible matches. To narrow matches, use an underscore (_) as a space. For example, @Mike_D would match the Mikes whose last name begins with "D." Your picker will include documents, discussions, and places as well as people. Keep typing to narrow the choices further. You can also scroll through the list of people, places, and content that are suggested for you.
- Select the correct match from the list. The new link shows up in your content.