My Emulator/EZ-Kit has become faulty, what should I do?
We have a number of documents that contain information on this topic. If you have a faulty emulator the best place to start is with the either the Emulator and Evaluation Hardware Troubleshooting Guide (EE-356) for CCES Users, or the Emulator and EZ-Kit Lite Evaluation System Troubleshooting Guide (EE-175) which is for VisualDSP++ users.
If you're working with a custom board we would recommend you double check that your board complies with the Analog Devices JTAG Emulation Technical Reference Guide, (EE-68).
We also have a couple of other FAQs that you may find useful:
Should you still encounter problems with your Emulator/EZ-Kit board please contact private support using the link below:
When contacting private support please include the following information:
- Detailed information regarding how the Emulator/EZ-Kit behaves. Including screenshots of all error messages you receive
- Details of whether or not the ICE Test runs successfully. The ICE Test can be found within the Configurator. If the test fails, please send us a screenshot
- Confirmation that you've read the above documentation and include results of all troubleshooting steps advised
- The serial number of the product you're working with. On an EZ-Kit and ICE-100B the serial is a six digit number that appears on the underside of the PCB. On a USB-ICE and HPUSB-ICE the serial number is the six digit number on the back of the emulator pod.
- Please also let us know if you have any Emulators/EZ-Kits of the same type that operate without any problems in the same test environment.
- Please also include either an EZ-KIT or Emulator RMA form, available from either of these links: