I believe that deploying my customer's inquiry here will help leverage support globally. Many questions are of general interest.
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Currently I am supporting a new design and customer has already 96 TOF board and also ADDI9036 full datasheet. They are aware of this channel but I also aligned with them to deliver here the questions, since I have been with ADI support many years and can better filter the inquiry in order to make a more accurate support.
I have dig the forum and below some interesting questioning:
1. The Panasonic CCD sensor is the first device in the signal chain.
2. This is the lens that's being used in the kit: https://www.jcdo.com/products/j6920 . The mechanical parameters of the kit can be…
Unfortunately we don't have a CAD model for the boards.
2. This is the lens that's being used in the kit: https://www.jcdo.com/products/j6920 . The mechanical parameters of the kit can be taken from the layout files available for download on the wiki: https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-96tof1-ebz/laserboard, https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-96tof1-ebz/afeboard
3. The system sends out trains of pulses, each pulse being 22ns long for the near and medium modes, respectively 33ns long for the far mode.
4 & 5. The modulation type cannot be changed, but the number of pulses that are being sent out for a frame capture can be changed.
6. A higher pulse count per frame will result in longer sensing range. The resolution of the system is 1mm for Near mode, 1.5mm for Medium mode, 2mm for Far mode, but the specified accuracy is < 2% of the measured distance. The accuracy can be improved with better optics, more precise calibration, higher laser performance for sharper light pulse edges.
Related to the board files, is there a chance ADI used one board model for the kit on a 3D design application such as Solid Works or Solid Edge?
Thanks Andrei, many blessings.