We are using in our current design the AD9854asvz. This already for almost 10 years. We have now some questions for our future designs.
- Do you have an idea how long this IC will be in the market. The because we didn’t find it anymore between the search tool for Direct Digital Synthesis & Modulators (http://www.analog.com/en/products/rf-microwave/direct-digital-synthesis-modulators.html)
- Has Analog Device maybe a newer or popular IC that we can use for our application. The import specifications for our application are the following:
- Generate fast sweeps with a programmable bandwidth with a maximum of 60MHz. RFSK (triangle) and chirp.
- Programmable output power.
- Operating in high temperate.
We have also another question about the AD9854asvz. With a big RRC the peaks will be okay but when you make it small there happened something strange. You can see occurring this result the the document that you can download with the link: WeTransfer
Another problem is that normally the signal will not be random. It starts every time on the same value according to FTW1 and it takes certain steps according to DFW. Now we see on the spectrum analyzer that for certain values the peak is not on the specific frequencies anymore, it looks random. For our application is this better but we don’t understand why it is random between our min and max value and that part we don’t like. I hope you can help with this problem too.
Thank you in advance