Q: What are the similarities and differences between AD7656 and AD7656-1?
- The AD7656-1 is a pin to pin and software compatible upgrade to the AD7656.
- The AD7656-1 has reduced decoupling requirements and reduced bill of materials cost compared with the AD7656.
- Both parts contain low noise, wide bandwidth, track-and-hold amplifiers but differ in full power bandwidth. The AD7656 can handle input frequencies up to 12 MHz, the AD7656-1 can handle up to 4.5 MHz.
- Functionality-wise, the only difference is that the AD7656 can work with a 2.5V or 3V reference whereas the AD7656-1 can only accept a 2.5V reference.
- There are AC/DC specification differences that could affect calibration routines – please refer to the datasheet specification table for more information.